Thursday 22 November 2012

First week in IT


Hi everyone,

Today, I’m going to summary all the things that we have been doing at our first week in Information Technology but before I have to explain to you how this Subject (in Information Technology) have affected me.  First of all, I want to let to you know that before to come here I was doing Computer Science but I didn’t finish and now I think I have some Skills about Computer.
 But During my studies before it was just practice, I have never learnt theory about Computer.
And I realize now that we have to know the theory before to practice, That is among the most important thing that I admire in this Subject, it’s because our lecturer teach us the theories and then  she show us how to  apply  it to the computer .

Coming back to the Information Technology, this is my first time to learn about it and   I’m so eager to get the knowledge about it.  I’m looking forward that I’ll get more skills and  more understanding about it.
So Now I’m going to explain to you what I have understood during the first first week.

 At the beginning, our lecture has started to explain the fundamental concepts of IT which are: DATA and Information;


   Data is the row facts, it can be in the forms of character, Number, Symbols, picture, sound and even video. It is an unprocessed items that has no significant if it stays in its original  forms.

 It is used as input for processing and information is the output of that processing.




 Information is data that are organized and meaningful, 
It is used for decisions-making; The information comes after processing the data by using a computer;  
  At first the member of data is entered and stored in the hard disk and secondly the computer  extract the data  from the hard disk and by using a software the computer create the receipt (information) that one will contain enough meaning that can allow the User to make a decision, influence or persuade one's customer.



The second part of our lecture, we have seen, How can IT affect our economic and some explanation about economic of Information ?
  As we know that before the improvement of Information Technology, when for example a company want to send a highly interactive information to others people. they had to pay a lot of money for communicating with a limited number of people.

         But now, with this quick growth of  technology, we don't need to travel anymore Everyone is able to have incredibly rich communication with everyone else because of Connectivity:  the Internet, Standards: Web standards, Internet standards, Application Standards, Database standards, etc.

The two basic elements of the information in the economics are Reach and Richness.
Reach concern the number of people who are involve in the exchanging of the information, It focus more of the people who works at the company. And Richness focus more about the amount of quality of information shared in the transaction, this one is composed by three components: bandwidth (the amount of information that can be moved from sender to receiver in a given time); customization (whether the information is tailored for an audience of a particular size); interactivity (the extent to which the involved parties can converse).


0 comments:

Post a Comment